The state capital of Himachal Pradesh , Shimla is one of the most popular tourist place in India. It is known for it’s
beautiful environment, hills, nature, people over there. It is known from long ago, before the independence and there are
a lot of colonial architechtural heritage of the town such as the imperial Viceregal Lodge, the graceful Christ Church,
Gaiety Theater, Gorton castle, Barres Court and a lot more.
Clothing trends: Due to changing temperate climate the clothing trends changes. It always have a light woolens from April
to October and heavy jackets, coats and shawls for women from winter starting November to March.
How to reach Different means can be used according to the suitablity of the travellers.
Air– If one wishes to use the airways then there are regular flights from Delhi to Shimla airport at Jabbarnati.
Rail– Railways is one if the best option to travel to Shimla as the brilliant view is all that one wants if he travels to
Queen of hills. There are regular trains from Delhi to Kalka where kalka to Shimla train can be boarded.
Road– Road connectivity now-a-days is in very good condition. people usually travel to SHImla from Delhi, Chandigarh and
Haryana.Travel within the city is also goos as public as well as private service is available in Shimla.Taxi services is
always in demand and parking facility is also provided.
- Thing To Do
- The travellers always has that excitment to explore all the town and tourist attraction there and the pleasant and soothing climate id like cherry on the top. Ther are some tourist places in Shimla that must be visited by all.
- The Ridge-It is a bog open space along the Mall Road that rins from east to west. It is a Cultural hub of Shimla. We can see a spectacular view of the Himalayan Ranges which is just AWESOME. The Ridge act as a landmark for many tourist attractions such as the Christ Church, the Statue of Gandhi, the State Library in Vicinity, the State of Roofline of Gaiety Theatre and the Town Hall.
- Mall Road- It is the business capital and the main street of Shimla. It is lower to the Ridge.It had bog showrooms, departmental stores and hip restaurants. The Himachal Emporium on the wst sells handicrafts and handloom products. Frontier of the Town Hall building, Gaiety Theatre can be seen from the Mall Road. It is the best places for get together and catch the daily updates.
- Jakhoo Temple– Jakhoo hills is the home of Lord Hanuman and Shimla city’s acme. One have to do half an hour uphill climbing from the Ridge that lasts to Jakhoo Temple. Ropeway facility is also available.
- Sankat Mochan Temple– The temple here is dedicated to Lord Hanuman build in 1950.Sankat Mochan Tenple is downhill from the highway near the Tara Devi Temple. Ther is free community lunch open for all on tuesdays and sundays.
- Fest and Fairs
- Ice Skating Carnival– The ice skating ground which is located in the lower slope of the Ridgebegins to freeze from winter starting i.e. November. The excitment of winter sport loving tribe is very high.The festival ends upto Februaryand in the Christmas and New Year week the carnival is held at the open sir rink.
- Summer Carnival– It is held during the month of May and June that invites tourists and locals to enjoy the time with dance, music and other activities. It also includes Flower Shows, Painting and Photography Exhibition, book festivals and full on excitment with the cultural evenings.